During seventeen years in the industry, we’ve noticed a pattern.
A pattern of skills that are possessed by all successful cybersecurity professionals.
Highly compensated professionals didn’t just fall into those roles. They didn’t get there by chance, and it was no coincidence. They got there by building a bullet-proof foundation and developing a skill set that drove them forward.
Fortunately, these skills can be learned. And at Action Threat, we teach them.
Our two-day training equips you with the professional and technical skills that accountable positions and higher salaries demand.
If you’re serious about climbing the ladder as a cyber security professional, you need a highly specific skill set.
We’re going to teach you precisely what that skillset is.
Our training focuses on three primary skill categories:
- Comprehensive technical skills
- Personal development trajectory
- Workplace best practices
By developing these three skill types, you prime your cyber security career for success. Let’s take a more in-depth look:
Comprehensive technical skills
Too often, we see people being held back in their careers by a fundamental lack of technical knowledge. You can’t build a successful career on a weak foundation.
Our training ensures all your bases are covered. Using practical workshops, we equip you with actionable technical skills, covering;
- Cloud Security
- Network Security
- Windows Security
- Reducing your attack surface
- Incident Response
- Threat Modeling
What you'll learn:
- Critical Windows, Network, Cloud, and Wireless Security concepts. During two days, we will review these and other fundamental infosec concepts.
- How to conceptualize and implement an effective security program
- Effective Network Access Controls
- Practical strategies for identity & Access Management
Personal Development Trajectory
Personal developments, and conveying personal value, are critical skills for those wanting successful cyber security careers.
When you know how to highlight your achievements and play to your strengths, the benefits of hiring you, and retaining you as an employee, are clear to your employers.
On day two of our course, we help you develop a personalized, actionable playbook for your organization and for your career development. This is done during an interactive workshop (laptop required), where we review real-life case studies so you can apply what you learn.
- Grow your career outside of work
- Improve your technical skills
- Create a self-education plan
What you'll learn:
- Learn to stand out in the workplace as an individual contributor. You don’t need to be a manager to provide meaningful advice – you just need the skills to express yourself.
- The importance of an strategic prevention strategy.
- Selecting technical courses, identifying which technical skills to develop in what order, and which soft skills you should develop first.
Workplace Best Practices
Those who enjoy successful, high paying careers are those who go above and beyond the call of duty. If you can work as an efficient, caring, and cohesive team member, you will be noticed and promoted.
Communication and leadership skills are essential for this. This is why developing your interpersonal skills and approach is fundamental to our program.
Knowing your organization is also instrumental to implementing effective security. In a workshop, we help you to develop a playbook with actionable ideas tailored to your organization, without incurring significant expenses by leveraging existing systems and tools. We help you define exactly what to do to make immediate, effective changes in your organizations’ security.
- Effective communication
- Selling your ideas
- Request funding
- Tailoring recommendations
What you'll learn:
- Identify InfoSec priorities and make actionable recommendations
- Identify your organizations’ threat model to tailor your recommendations and plan of action
- Significantly reduce your organization’s attack surface
- Learn how to present new projects and initiatives and overcome management objections.
- How to sell your ideas and recommendations to your boss and how to prepare your boss to sell your idea to upper management?
- Learn how to build an InfoSec Strategic Roadmap and request funds for implementation.
- Provide measurable results on the short, medium and long term at any level in your career.
- Learn how to tailor your message depending on the audience.
Once you’ve completed our training, you will have a clear plan for success as a cybersecurity professional.
By applying what you learn at Action Threat, and developing the skills we help you identify, you will move faster through the ranks towards higher paying, and more rewarding roles.